Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a page restriction so that an administrator can't see it

Deleted user June 2, 2015

Hi there, I am an administrator of a small NGO. We use Confluence to structure our work. I am not a board member so the board is a bit screwed because I as the admin can see all the stuff. This is kinda risky because there are some HR things being discusses which are highly personal and so on.

Is there a way to create some page (space) restrictions so that I as an administrator 

• cannot see updates on the all updates panel
  • cannot see the page (space) in general, only with accessing it directly

Any experience on this issue here? I guess thats not that uncommon issue isn't it?

All the best, Lars

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2015

I don't think that this is possible. I would encourage you to do instead of this is to have 2 separate accounts. One you use as your daily Confluence user account. And then another one which is used only for administration. This also helps to prevent the Admin account being compromised as easily. And makes tracking all admin actions easier when reviewing proxy or access logs.

0 votes
M June 2, 2015

You might be able to handle this by configuring the Project Roles. Even though you may have the role of Administrator but if you only put the Board Members in the Project Role for Users the project will not appear if you search for it. Even though you're an administrator you do not have Browse permission as the Users do.

The only way to go to the administrator page will be to type in the URL as the project will not be available if you search for it. I would test this firs but I believe you can make it happen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events