Create a new page in multiple spaces at once?

Ciara McConnell June 22, 2015

Hi there, 

I need to create a new page under 150 existing spaces. The page will all be identical under every space, is there a way of doing this automatically or in bulk? I don't have the resources to add the page on an individual basis.

Thanks in advanced for your help! 

Kind Regards,

Ciara

3 answers

1 vote
Deleted user June 22, 2015

You can probably do that with Bob Swift's Command Line Interface add-on - see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.confluence.cli

I would think you also need the same structure in place across all your spaces - otherwise the new page will go into the root rather under the home page. If you have to move the page(s) around manually after creating them, you won't save much time or effort. I would try it out very carefully in a few spaces or in a test instance before launching a full scale "create page blast". 

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2015

Another option would be to map your Confluence instance to a drive using the WebDAV plugin and then just write a batch/shell/powershell/whatever script to copy the page to all of the spaces. On windows you can use this URL to map a drive to Confluence.

\\{yourservername}\DavWWWRoot\plugins\servlet\confluence\default\
0 votes
Manuel Kummerländer June 22, 2015

You could use the "Copy Page" function 150 times. This is no bulk action but should go faster than create 150 pages by hand.

There are different ways to automate this but I think all of them base upon some coding and therefore you should only do this if you have to create 150 pages more often smile:

Regards, Manuel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events