It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Create a list of Jira Issues Edited

I have a project for which I've modified a workflow and created custom fields. I want to be able to generate a report of issues using any/all available fields, in any order I choose, and display comments, (many to 1 relationship with issues), 1 per line, so that issue 1 would present as:

Issue 1   (fields) comment 1

issue 1  (fields) comment 2

etc.

1 answer

Hi @gary_powell 

Yes, this is a problem a lot of us experience and would like to have... a simple report showing comments for issues, but alas, it is not possible.

The closest I have come to a solution to getting the comments in a report is by doing the following: (Maybe look at the screenshot first before following the instructions): 

1. On the side menu in Jira click on Dashboards.
  2. Create a New Dashboard (Layout = full screen). 
  3. Add a Gadget called Activity Stream
  4. Name the activity. 
  5. Add a Global Filter. Here you can filter by Project IS
  6. Select the project/s and click the + button. 
  7. Add another Global Filter. Here you can filter by Username IS
  8. Add a username.
  9. Under Each stream can be toggled and customised individually select JIRA checkbox
  10. Select the filter Activity IS comment added and click the + button. 
  11. Limit to 99 items
  12. Check the box to Automatically refresh this activity stream every 2 hours.

The result is a list of issues, with comments, which can be fed to an RSS feed. 

Dashboard - activity stream.png

-Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

32 views 2 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you