-Integration

Best,

Thespina

4 answers

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2019

Hi Thespina,

If you have to create a lot of spaces, our Space Tree Creator could be a big help for you. You find it on the Marketplace.

Regards,
Stephan (CEO of EPS Software Engineering AG, the vendor of the Space Tree Creator)

0 votes
Thespina Michelakis May 10, 2019

Thank you - actually figured it out right after I sent this... Have a great weekend.

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2019

Awesome - you too!

PS depending on what you are using Confluence for, you might also find a (free) app I built for Confluence Cloud of interest, called News for Confluence Cloud. It lets you feature blogposts from across your Confluence site into a news page.

Thespina Michelakis May 14, 2019

@James Dellow  Cool - thanks for all the tips.

One other question for you - I am trying to Create a Label List that lists in alphabetical order everything under every space in Airfind's instance of Confluence.  Is that possible?  It seems that the Label List macro is constricted to content in that current space only.  Let me know!

I guess you would call it cross space labeling.

Best,

Thespina

Thespina Michelakis May 15, 2019

@James Dellow Did you have a chance to review my question above?

Thespina Michelakis May 15, 2019

Hey to @James Dellow - did you all have a response for my questions here:

One other question for you - I am trying to Create a Label List that lists in alphabetical order everything under every space in Airfind's instance of Confluence.  Is that possible?  It seems that the Label List macro is constricted to content in that current space only.  Let me know!

I guess you would call it cross space labeling.

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

Hi @Thespina Michelakis - I'm not an Atlassian employee, so only respond here as and when I have time.

I don't believe there is an out of the box macro that will solve this specific requirement, so you would need a custom macro developed to do this.

Thespina Michelakis May 16, 2019

I had no idea - well thank you regardless. Best, Thespina

Like James Dellow likes this
0 votes
Thespina Michelakis May 10, 2019

James - 

I have created the page as you guided me to above, however, I do not see where you can select that page as the homepage?  I do not see a place where I can change that to the Homepage - can you help here?

Here is the screenshot:

20190510_ConfluenceHomePage_1.PNG

Please let me know - I really have to get this space up and running on Monday - just not sure why there are so many issues getting a Homepage up.

Best,

Thespina

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2019

You are almost there!

Goto the 'Overview' tab:

Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 07.32.26.png

Then type the name of the page you created ("Homepage test") into the Home page field:

Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 07.33.31.png

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2019

Actually... looking at your original screenshot again, you've already selected that page to be the home page already?

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2019

@Thespina Michelakis 

Hi Thespina

welcome to the community.

After you have created a space you will need to add pages or edit the homepage of that space

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/get-started-777010817.html

is a good point to start.

Based on your input you should get familar with some of the macros

A Search Bar -> Livesearch macro https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/livesearch-macro-163415902.html

A box with a list of all our other important spaces ->  panel macro https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/panel-macro-51872380.html or 

A box that shows all new recent updates in our company confluence space -> Recently updated macro https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/recently-updated-macro-139519.html

Hope that helps

All the best

Kurt

Thespina Michelakis May 9, 2019

Thank you Kurt, however there is an issue with creating the space. 

I have created the space as per your first link, however I can't set up the homepage on the overview page (see screen shot 1) and if I alter anything in (screen shot 2) nothing changes on the page to accommodate the creation of that Homepage.  Any ideas?

20190509_Confluence_1.PNG20190509_Confluence_2.PNG

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2019

It looks like you may have deleted the original page that was marked as the home page in that space. (I can see that the "Home page" field in the Space Settings screen is blank and I can't see anything listed under Pages in the left-hand navigation).

The first step is to create a page in that space (you can call the page what ever you like), then go back to Space Settings and select that page in "Home page" field to make it the home page again.

Navigate back to the page you created and you can create the home page layout and content by editing it.

For more on creating content and setting the home page, here are some starting points:

Like Kurt Klinner likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events