Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a button in Confluence page

Simon G_ August 14, 2015

Hi!

I would like to highlight some links given in my Confluence documentation so I want use button (with the same aspect than the "Create" button for example). However, I haven't found a macro for button, neither a way to square my link and color the background. Have you an idea?

5 answers

14 votes
roam_scott
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2018

The trick I figured out is as follows:

1. Create a 1x1 table with a header. 

2. Put a normal link inside it.

3. Profit!

2018-03-13 10_26_17-Servers - Documentation - Confluence.png

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2020

Sadly this does not work in the (crappy) new editor.

plademan May 13, 2020

It still does not work in the new editor.

Lucia Calderon October 20, 2020

This worked for me amazingly! thanks 'a lot @roam_scott

Like Scott Beeson likes this
0 votes
David May April 4, 2019
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2019

I don't think AUI is available for Confluence Cloud.

Rick Teaff June 24, 2019

Here's an easy, and limited, workaround:

Insert the "Status" macro. Use the macro edit to name your button. Save the change. Highlight the button, use the chainlink to add a web link. There aren't any size options and just a few colors, but it works.

Note: It only seems to work with website links, share links, browser links pasted into the "web link" box.

Like Anders Fjelstad likes this
Anders Fjelstad September 12, 2019

Excellent!

Brian Sheridan November 4, 2019

I tried this but the status bar disappears when I update page. Any ideas why this happens?

Rick Teaff November 4, 2019

Not sure why, but it doesn't work if you search for a page and select the page you want to link to.

It does work for pages and uploads if you copy a link from your browser address box.

It also works if you get a link from the Share function and then go back and paste that link into the Web Link box.

Brian Sheridan November 4, 2019

oh right, thanks. I actually found another workaround.

Take a snip of the Status Macro and save as an image. Copy into table. Link to the image of the status macro. It is indistinguishable form the status macro.

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2015

I mean exactly the Lozenge macro, part of the free elements of the Content Formatting Macros.

That and some other ideas:

image2015-8-14 10:29:3.png

0 votes
Simon G_ August 14, 2015

Hi Milo and thanks for your response.

I guess you are speaking about the Satus macro.

This is interresting but is there a way to change the text size in it?

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2015

The Lozenge macro should be called Button macro.

You can also add a graphic as a button and hyperlink it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events