Create a blog via email

e January 12, 2014

I'd like to have an ability to create a blog via email. What are my options? Thanks.

2 answers

2 votes
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2014

Hi there,

You might want to consider using Send EMail To Page Plugin . Here's the description directly from the plugin details

The Send-Email-To-Page plugin uses a single email account, but allows users to send emails to any page on the server. Those emails can optionally create new pages, add comments to existing pages, add attachments, and even append content to existing pages.

If used with a Google Mail account or other server which supports email plus address aliasing then each Confluence page has it's own email address (even if it doesn't yet exist) via the single account. However any email system will work. There are several ways to specify content destinations (pages/comments/blogs). The system has defaults to use the email subject as the page name or a 'command tag' can be inserted into the email to tell it what to do - specifically what page to create and where. You can also add labels to the pages/blogs you create via email.

Regards,
Jing hwa

1 vote
e January 14, 2014

Thanks a lot!

tye lee January 15, 2014

I din't know the existance of this add one. This is helpful.

You should accept Jing answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events