Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not upload the file to Confluence. The server may be unavailable

Build Server June 20, 2013
OK. I read answers about base URL. But: 1. My base url matches url for access to site. 2. My base url is not editable. What I am doing wrong? Is there any solution\workaround how I can upload file into confluence page?

4 answers

0 votes
GaryM June 18, 2015

The problem can be reproduced by using Insert/Link/Attachments and browsing to a filename where the filename includes one or more single quotes (Example: filename = a'test.xlsx )

The drag-drop method of adding attachments (Go to "Tools" -> "Attachments") works fine.

0 votes
GaryM June 18, 2015

We've experienced this problem too. After checking URL setup as described.

The problem can be reproduced by using Insert/Link/Attachments and browsing to a filename where the filename includes one or more single quotes (Example: filename = a'test.xlsx )

The drag-drop method of adding attachments (Go to "Tools" -> "Attachments") works fine.

0 votes
fsim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

Sometimes caused by DB errors, for example, if you have DB storage for attachments. A quite popular issue would be Oracle DB running out of tablespace during the attachment upload. Check the Confluence logs in ConfluenceHomeDirectory/logs. Should have more details in there.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

hi.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+Attachments

this one is not working for you?

that the server may be unavailable could be caused by an timeout wich you run into due to file size problem.

can you provide some more details?

log lines are always welcome to nail down the issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events