Could anyone advise me on how to start a new project?

Jiju Mathew July 14, 2017

I was invited into a Project A and within that project there was a SPACE B that was created for me. However, when I attempted to create a filter for open issues there were permission issues for that Project A in JIRA that is outside my control. Still new to  this massive JIRA project managment software - so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

So, from what I understand - the url is ProjectA.atlassain.net- could I created a PROJECT B in that account? How does that work? Please advise. 

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2017

You need one of your administrators to create the project for you.

If you are an admin, you will find "create project" beneath the "projects" drop-down.

Jiju Mathew July 14, 2017

So, from my previous post, if the admin creates a project, say, Project B, that project will have nothing to do with Project A, correct? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2017

Well, it can share things, like schemes (configuration) and users, but the issues in project B are clearly separate from the ones in A.  You can report on them together, link them and so-on, but you don't have to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events