Copying tables from Google Sheet to Confluence

Tamás Beke April 9, 2020

Hi!

Is it possible to copy a table from Google Sheets into a template table in Confluence to get normal result?

It pastes all the table content into the cell I'm inside and leave empty the others. It's really annoying, it should be a very basic function.

And it is important for me that the template tables are present in confluence.  

The result I get:

image.png

The desired result:

image.png

Thanks!

3 answers

5 votes
Christian Glason December 7, 2020

If you're using a mac, just copy and paste the table to the Notes app, then copy into Confluence. 

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2020

Hi @Tamás Beke ,

For large tables we use the following workaround:

• copy the share link of your Google Docs Spreadsheet
  • change its ending: "edit?usp=sharing" -> "export?&format=tsv" (or "export?&format=csv")
  • paste the modified link to your browser and go to it: you will be prompted to download your file in the chosen format
  • use the Table from CSV macro to recreate your table in Confluence

The Table from CSV macro is a part of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app which can help you to make pivots, perform calculations, merge and transform tables, freeze rows, built custom charts, etc.

It's a wonderful solution to enhance the standard Confluence functionality which provides an opportunity to perform all the required operations in Confluence without switching back to Google Docs or Excel.

1 vote
Shardul Juyal {Addteq}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2020

I usually create an empty table first and then copy the contents in. Works most of the time.

You can also try using Excellentable Spreadsheet for Confluence to simply import the .xlsx file and edit inside Confluence

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events