Copy space in Confluence 5.6

I see that Copy Space is not compatible. Not only do I get a warning but it does not work.

Is this horribly inconvenient workaround still valid?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Copy+or+Rename+a+Space+in+Confluence

How do the Atlassian docs people get their work done? I know they used to manually copy. Have they switched to Scroll Versions?

2 answers

1 accepted

Never mind, it worked when I tried a second time.

Is there a way to "force" Confluence to accept a plugin as compatible?  I've searched through the Copy Space jar file for an RDF file or something similar where such information as supported versions could be found, but I haven't been able to locate such a file.

I downloaded the plugin .jar and installed it manually. Seems to work fine.

There's no way to "force" it. There are four situations: 1. Addon is compatible 2. Addon is compatible, but the vendor is not sure, hasn't tested it, or doesn't want to support it. So they don't say it works, even when it does. You've an element of risk here, especially if you use it and then try to upgrade 3. Addon is partly compatible at a baseline level - you can install it, it appears, and then falls over in a steaming heap as you try to use part of it 4. Addon is totally broken - it falls over on install/enable All you can really do is try it and hope it's case 2 - for 3 and 4, forget it.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked 4 hours ago in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

36 views 3 3
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you