Copy/paste filter not working per documentation

When I display and jira issue filter results > copy the link > paste it into a confluence page, it is not converted to a macro as indicated in this documentation.
http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/02/link-jira-issues-to-confluence-pages-automatically/#comment-82818
Section: Paste issue links or saved filters into the editor with Autoconvert

The link copies exactly as is.

Trusted applications setup and remote api is checked.

The JIRA Issues filter works when you use the filter XML link - so, I know the macro, itself works - it is the copy/paste action that it shown in the referenced documentation

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi kalynn,

In JIRA 5.2 there was a change to the format of the filter URL. It looks like Confluence has not been updated to recognise the new URL format.

Pasting a URL using the old format will still work. If you are pasting a URL using the new format, it will not.

I have raised a bug report for this behaviour: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27945

Cheers,
Mark

Thank you. I've added myself as a watcher.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

785 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you