Copy page with Scaffolding data - and also copy the data WITH "copy page tree"

Deleted user January 9, 2014

I'm trying to copy a page with scaffolding.
However, the copy doens't have the scaffold data.
It has the fields and such but doesn't transmit the "scaffolding xml"

I use Confluence 4.3 with Scaffolding 4.6.1 and Copy Page Tree 0.34.0

A normal page copy from confluence doesn't copy the metadata.

HOWEVER.
normally when you do a space copy ( using "copy space plugin" from atlassian or "copy partial space" from valiantys ) this functionality DOES work: meaning, the scaffolding data does get copied.

Would it be possible to use that trick to copy a page within the space (or to another place)?
So without the need to make a whole new space, just to get that scaffold data copied.

Maybe an idea for the long longed-for feature?

5 answers

1 vote
Brice Gestas _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2014

Hello Andrew,

I have done a new feature for Copy Page Tree open source plugin for Confluence in order to take into account Scaffolding data copy.

I will propose my modifications (Pull request) to the plugin creator (Nikolaus Pohle) and he will maybe validate this ;)

I will keep you updated on this post and you can watch the Add-on page on Marketplace :P

Cheers

0 votes
Iman Hashemi June 16, 2020

Hi Alexander,

Currently "Copy with Scaffolding XML" only works with single pages and it's not possible to copy the Scaffolding data for a page and its children in one shot.

However we have this feature request raised in our Ideas Portal:

We encourage you to up-vote it and leave your thoughts in a comment, for our products team review. By doing this, your feature/improvement request goes through proper review and prioritisation process. Rest assured, no feature/improvement request is taken for granted.

In addition please feel free to reach out to ServiceRocket Support directly through apps.support@servicerocket.com for a faster resolution if you have any question or inquiries. We're always here to help!

Best,
Iman
ServiceRocket Apps Support

0 votes
Deleted user June 12, 2020

Any news here? I'm trying to copy with scaffolding xml including all child pages, but it seems like its only possible to copy single pages with scaffolding xml...

0 votes
Georg Kraler February 26, 2014

any news about this? I noticed that copy space does not work any more for scaffolding data with the latest versions. Any news about this?

-confluence 5.3

-copyspace 2.3

-scaffolding 6.0.0

0 votes
Deleted user February 17, 2014

Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events