Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and Paste

Claysa Diamond April 19, 2019

I'm attempting to copy a 60 page document into confluence so as to better work/edit it with my team. However, when I paste into a Blank Page on Confluence, a good majority of my words are put together and there are a lot of errors that get translated within the text. Any way to do this differently to avoid the errors? 

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2019

Hi @Claysa Diamond 

I would recommend these options to try (in order):

1. Use the Confluence Office Connector functionality, which loads in the Word doc itself (not a copy and paste), which gives you a better chance of the document being understood correctly. Atlassian has a guide for importing Word documents that is worth a read
  2. (This step is a pure guess) maybe try saving your Word Doc as a .doc file (opposed to docx, as it may dumb-down some of the richer formatting and make it more import-friendly -- total speculation though!
  3. If the above fails, another (albeit a bit arduous) step would be to copy and paste sections of the Word doc to a text editor (e.g. Notepad) to remove all formatting. Downside is that if your document contains a lot of formatting you will have to re-do all this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events