Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and Paste anchor links within confluence page

Burt Gordon October 23, 2017

Hello,

I have a confluence page with multiple anchors to another page. They are two tables, one in each page that are cross references. In one table I have multiple rows that need to reference one row in the other page. To get the linking to go to the right place, I have used anchors. To make it easy, I was trying to copy and paste the first reference I made to the anchor in other rows, but when I try that the anchor loses its reference. Is there a way to paste special or copy/past and keep the each anchor?

Example: Row 23-55 all reference row 39 in the other page. If I copy the anchor link and paste it looks like this::

Original anchor link: Reference Page#Row-39

When I copy the link says: Reference Page#Row-

Where the end number is not there. I can then edit the link and write 39 in ther and it works, but that is tedious for as many links as I have to do and copy.

I have tested the links and if, on a published page, I click the link it jumps to the right anchor point on the other page. So no issues with the formatting of the anchor or name. Just the copy/paste loses that last number on a paste.

Any help?

1 answer

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2022

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events