Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting spaces to pages

Rethabile Morena April 22, 2015

Good day,

Pleas advise how do we go about converting a space into a page?

Regards

Rethabile M

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2015

I think we need a bit of context on that question.  A space can have thousands of pages, so "converting" it into a single page probably isn't useful.  Could you explain roughly why you think you want to do this?

Rethabile Morena April 22, 2015

Good day Nic,

Well we have onboarded a different department onto our instance of Confluence, as it had seemed pointless for them to get more licences whereas we have enough to accommodate them too.

A decision was made to have them work under 'Space B' and chuck everything under there (makes it easier to navigate/manage).

Currently, everything is captured as spaces, and we would like to convert those into pages and store them under 'Space B'. Hope im making better sense.

Regards

Rethabile M

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2015

I'm afraid I understand that even less. Let me paraphrase what you just said back, so it's clear why I don't understand: You've got a new department who will use Confluence. You created "space B" for them to work in, and they've been happily adding things. Now you want to tidy it up, and store their work in "Space B". That sounds like there is nothing to do, but I don't understand "everything is captured as spaces". As I've typed that, I think I might have got a little more clear, but I'm not sure. Maybe you want their work to be under space B, but you've let them create loads of spaces instead, and now you want to consolidate it into space B? If that's the case, converting to a single page still doesn't make much sense - why not just move all the top level pages into space B?

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2015

I would just add my concurrence to Nic's response based on the understanding of your intended effort. If you move top level pages from other spaces into space B, then it sounds like it would solve your issue. Following Nic's advice would move anything underneath the top-level pages in those other pages as well, thus retaining any hierarchy that existed - so in a sense you have sub-spaces in space B that previously were the top-level pages and the pages underneath them. Are these other spaces you want to move into Space B in the same instance of Confluence? If that's what you are looking to do, then it's a nice, tidy solution. In other words: >Home of Space B >Top-level pages from other spaces moved as children under the home >Each of these children have the pages that currently exist in separate spaces (their children/granchildren, etc.) now all located in this space (B) What I don't understand is

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events