Convert product requirements blueprint table from Confluence into multiple JIRA stories

Holland Risley August 26, 2014

I have created a product requirements specifications in Confluence and now would like to add this to my project in JIRA. I then:

• Highlight the rows in the table

• Wait a moment I see the little JIRA icon appear

• I then click this to create JIRA stories

• I select at the bottom to create multiple items from the table

But it only outputs the first column into the stories so I end up with only the ID I understand that it is possible to properly convert these product requirements in JIRA and that they are designed for this function.

How can I do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Holland Risley August 27, 2014

Answer: Highlight only the first issue's story text, then wait for the JIRA icon to appear, click it, then select the option at the bottom to create multiple issues. This works, yay!

Alex Seeman October 23, 2015

i've been doing this and it has worked beautifully. however, the last couple of days i havent been seeing the JIRA icon. am i doing something wrong?

0 votes
Margery Parkinson September 30, 2016

I am having this problem and I don't see any answer that works for me. I cannot get it so that the user story description ends up in the description of the JIRA issue - anyone have an answer?

0 votes
LUC FILION September 18, 2014

Hello Holland, 

You may be interested into the Gaia for JIRA plugin (http://bit.ly/RwwjGQ) which automates this process by letting you create projects based on JIRA+Confluence templates. 

When you have 4-5 products, it's fine to do it manually. But when you have 50, it a real pain!

Regards, 

Luc

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events