Convert absolute links to relative links?

Justin Howe September 24, 2013

Hi all,

I've converted our older confluence 3.x to 5.x, all went well, however I noticed that any links to other confluence resources within a page (such as a re-direct link to view an associated resource on the same confluence) are absolute links. I believe this is because the 3.x confluence, when adding a link to another page resource, puts in the absolute path instead of relative. This wouldn't matter if we kept the same domain, however the 5.x confluence is on a different server resource and the domain is different.

Is there a utility or something that I can run which will convert all links that contain a domain equal to a string I specify, to something else that I specify?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2013

This functionality is in https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.confluence.scripting.script-runner.

But you would need to change the base url to the old domain, then run the script, then change back to the new base url. It doesn't have the option for you to specify an arbitrary url.

Recommend testing on a copy of your instance first.

0 votes
Justin Howe September 29, 2013

Bump, anything at all?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events