Controlling bullet text formatting through stylesheet

Hi,

I'm trying to improve the line spacing between bullets. All other content in the space looks fine, but there's not enough space between bullets.

I assumed that bullet text would be controlled by <ul>, but my stylesheet includes <ul> along with all the rest of the styles (which, as you can see, only affects font-size):

.wiki-content,       
.wiki-content p,  
.wiki-content table,       
.wiki-content tr,       
.wiki-content td,       
.wiki-content th,       
.wiki-content ol,       
.wiki-content ul,       
.wiki-content li {       
    font-size: 14px;  
}

Does anyone know what I should add to my stylesheet?

Thanks,

2 answers

I would recommend you to use main-content instead of wiki-content. Only the bullet style for the page and blog contents will be affected

#main-content li {
margin-bottom:10px;
}

Which confluence version are you using? Are you using documentation theme? If you are using doc theme, then you'd need to apply it in the space level

Try to also see if this works

#main-content li {
margin-bottom:10px !important;
}

Thanks.

I tried your suggestion (trying 50px just to be sure), but for some reason there's still no change. I removed li from the .wiki-content settings, but is it possible there could be a setting somewhere else that'd in conflict?

Thanks

You are correct that we're using Documentation theme (and Atlassian version 4.3.7) - so I suppose I'll have to get the people with the real power to change things at the site level. :)

"!important" didn't do the trick.

Thanks for you help!

We're still having trouble: we've added this:
#main-content li { margin-bottom:10px !important; }
to the site stylesheet and removed any reference to <li> from the space stylesheet and we're still unable to change the spacing.
Thanks

The "people with the real power the change things" haven't gotten to it yet, so for now I'll assume that this can be controlled at the site level and close the question.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,799 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you