Content in Excerpt Macro Does Not Render Correctly in PDF Output

Phil Gochenour October 31, 2012

Each topic in my my publication space has an {excerpt} macro right at the top which contains the topic description. This is used in our indexing pages along with the topic title.

The issue is that when I export to PDF, the content within the macro is treated as H1, rather than body text. Since there is automatic demotion of the H1 page title because of the way the PDF renders hierarchy (something that I also find rather annoying), I wind up with an introductory paragraph that is rendered in larger type than the topic title.

I have tried various ways to fix this through CSS, but nothing seems to work, and when I inspect the HTML with Firebug, there doesn't seem to be any styling element around this content that I can manipulate with CSS. Is this a bug, or is there a way to fix this so I can output decent-looking PDFs?

2 answers

0 votes
Phil Gochenour July 17, 2013

This has been logged as a different bug now: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26613. According to JIRA, this is "Unresolved" and "Unassigned," though the problem appears to be fixed in 5.0. However, I don't want to upgrade to 5.0 because of the interface changes and the Confluence UI development path that will set the Documentation theme as the default. Can someone tell me if this was actually corrected in an incremental upgrade, or only in 5.0?

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2012

Hello Phil,

I believe this is a bug indeed, however I couldn't find one of these in our bug tracker unfortunately.

I think the best is to open a ticket to support.atlassian.com and state the exact steps to reproduce this issue so we can open a bug report for it.

Hope that helps :)

Cheers,

Rodrigo Girardi Adami

Phil Gochenour November 11, 2012

This has been escalated to a full-scale bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27191. If others are having the same problem I urge you to vote it up so that it will be resolved. It seems to be affecting many other people in a substantial way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events