Content by label - is what?

I'm evaluating our test instance of Confluence 5.4.3 and am wondering what the purpose of the Content by label section is in the sidebar. I can't find anything on this in the docs for v5, so I'm hoping someone here will know.

If you go to Themes (we're using the Docs theme) and edit it, you can see the code shown below. So removing this isn't a problem, but before I do that, I'd like to see how it's used and how it helps our users.

Cheers.

{section}
{column:width=0px}{column}
{column}
{contentbylabel:labels=runescape space|type=page|showLabels=false|showSpace=false|operator=AND|sort=title}
{contentbylabel:labels=runescape subspace|type=page|showLabels=false|showSpace=false|operator=AND|sort=title}
{column}
{section}

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Mick,

This Content by label section is make by the customised code in your documentation theme. It does not come with Confluence by default.

Normally, Content by Label macro allow you to list a list of pages based on the label which they are assigned with. You can refer to this document for more information.

Regards,
Jing Hwa

Jing,

thanks for your answer. Do you mean that we've added it ourselves? I'll check with our admins, but it seems a bit odd. We don't use it in our live instance, so adding ourselves to our test instance seems a bit mad. :)

Cheers.

Hi Mick,

I can't tell you for sure who added the code but from what I know but from I know, a newly installed Confluence should not have any code in the Documentation theme.

It does sound quite odd if the code was there but it was not added administrator.

Regards,
Jing Hwa

Jing,

thanks, I'm awaiting a reply from our tech admins. I'll update this question when I find out. Cheers.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

34 views 5 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you