I'm upgrading a cloned Confluence 4.3.7 environment to 5.1.5. (on Linux)
The upgrade has gone fine, and I've also upgraded all my plugins except Adaptavist Content Formatting Macro.
My Adaptavist plugin version is 3.0.0 and I only want the free macros.
Do I have to stay on 3.0.0 (I see it is Confluence 5 compatible) or should I upgrade to 4.0.2 and stay unlicensed? I presume if I do upgrade I'll get the 30 day expiry happening?
What will happen when future versions of Confluence come along if I stay on 3.0.0? Will Adaptavist make that compatible with future versions?
Hi Stuartu, we recommend that you use the version of the plugin that's compatible with your version of Confluence. For Confluence 5.15, that's Content Formatting Macros version 4.0.2.
Only the newly introduced features are "premium" and paid for, so if you don't use them, the plug in remains free.
The macros that you were using in your older version of Confluence remain free in Confluence 5.15 with Content Formatting Macros version 4.0.2. They are "Free and do not require a license."
Hope this helps.
Based on my past exprience, it is unlikely that Adaptavist will make the version 3.0.0 to be compatible with the future Confluence version.
THe Adaptavist 4.0.2 is still free to use but with commercial license you get some extra feature.
These macros enable you to add a range of rich Atlassian User Interface elements to your Wiki pages such as Tabs and Progress bars.
- Progress Bar: display pages in an intuitive consecutive sequence
- Messages: emphasise important information with a coloured box and icon
- Buttons & Button Groups: Insert AUI buttons with your own click events or links
- Tabs: Present content rich pages with clear and intuitive tabs
- Horizontal Navigation: Similar to Tabs, the Horizontal Navigation macro enables content to be displayed clearly on a single page
The free macros are a collection of essential macros that no instance of Confluence should be without. These macros are all Free and do not require a license.
- lozenge - An attractive, customisable lozenge button
- bgcolour - Set the background colour of content
- highlight - Highlight the background of parts of content
- copyright - Insert a copyright statement
- sm - Insert a service mark
- tm - Insert a trade mark
- reg-tm - Insert a registered trademark
- search-box - Insert a search box to search the current space, a specified space or all spaces
- center - Center content on your page or within tables etc.
- style - Insert a style sheet
- div - Insert a div layer with custom class and style parameters
- span - insert a span layer with custom class and style parameters
- strike - Provide a graphical strikeout effect
- privacy-mark - Display a privacy indicator on-screen, linked to a privacy-policy
- clickable - Makes all contained content a hyperlink to a specified page or URL
- roundrect - Creates an attractive customisable round rectangle
- align - Allows you to left/right/center and justify-align your content
- table, tr, td - Allows you to manually create HTML tables
- frame - Allows you to create iframes within your wiki pages
- rollover - Allows you to create rollover effects
Hope this clear your doubts
Hi my Community friends! For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs