Content Formatting Macros - Upgrade to 5.x - Licencing question - v3 or 4 for free macros

stuartu August 28, 2013

I'm upgrading a cloned Confluence 4.3.7 environment to 5.1.5. (on Linux)

The upgrade has gone fine, and I've also upgraded all my plugins except Adaptavist Content Formatting Macro.

My Adaptavist plugin version is 3.0.0 and I only want the free macros.

Do I have to stay on 3.0.0 (I see it is Confluence 5 compatible) or should I upgrade to 4.0.2 and stay unlicensed? I presume if I do upgrade I'll get the 30 day expiry happening?

What will happen when future versions of Confluence come along if I stay on 3.0.0? Will Adaptavist make that compatible with future versions?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Emma Rush September 9, 2013

Hi Stuartu, we recommend that you use the version of the plugin that's compatible with your version of Confluence. For Confluence 5.15, that's Content Formatting Macros version 4.0.2.

Only the newly introduced features are "premium" and paid for, so if you don't use them, the plug in remains free.

The macros that you were using in your older version of Confluence remain free in Confluence 5.15 with Content Formatting Macros version 4.0.2. They are "Free and do not require a license."

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Emma

0 votes
stuartu September 10, 2013

Thanks for clearing that up. Yes, I did finally read that in between the lines.

Still a bit confusing the first time round upgrading to 4.0.

0 votes
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2013

Hi Stuartu,

Based on my past exprience, it is unlikely that Adaptavist will make the version 3.0.0 to be compatible with the future Confluence version.

THe Adaptavist 4.0.2 is still free to use but with commercial license you get some extra feature.

PREMIUM Macros

These macros enable you to add a range of rich Atlassian User Interface elements to your Wiki pages such as Tabs and Progress bars.

• Progress Bar: display pages in an intuitive consecutive sequence
  • Messages: emphasise important information with a coloured box and icon
  • Buttons & Button Groups: Insert AUI buttons with your own click events or links
  • Tabs: Present content rich pages with clear and intuitive tabs
  • Horizontal Navigation: Similar to Tabs, the Horizontal Navigation macro enables content to be displayed clearly on a single page

FREE Macros

The free macros are a collection of essential macros that no instance of Confluence should be without. These macros are all Free and do not require a license.

• lozenge - An attractive, customisable lozenge button
  • bgcolour - Set the background colour of content
  • highlight - Highlight the background of parts of content
  • copyright - Insert a copyright statement
  • sm - Insert a service mark
  • tm - Insert a trade mark
  • reg-tm - Insert a registered trademark
  • search-box - Insert a search box to search the current space, a specified space or all spaces
  • center - Center content on your page or within tables etc.
  • style - Insert a style sheet
  • div - Insert a div layer with custom class and style parameters
  • span - insert a span layer with custom class and style parameters
  • strike - Provide a graphical strikeout effect
  • privacy-mark - Display a privacy indicator on-screen, linked to a privacy-policy
  • privacy-policy - Display a note regarding your privacy policy with a page
  • clickable - Makes all contained content a hyperlink to a specified page or URL
  • roundrect - Creates an attractive customisable round rectangle
  • align - Allows you to left/right/center and justify-align your content
  • table, tr, td - Allows you to manually create HTML tables
  • frame - Allows you to create iframes within your wiki pages
  • rollover - Allows you to create rollover effects

Hope this clear your doubts

Kind Regards,

Jing Hwa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events