Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content By Label questions

SallyD July 4, 2012

Before I log a feature request, I want to be sure I haven't overlooked something. I'm also hoping you experts can help me find a way to accomplish my goal.

I need to be able to select labeled content from a specific page, not from the entire space. For example, I have a page to which all customer requests are attached. Gives us a single page to view everythig. In the customer space, I have a My Requests page. I want to pull in any attachment from the Customer Request page that is labeled for this customer. I do not want to pull in attachments from any other pages in the space (for example: orders, RMAs, etc.).

The second item is the page name included with the attchment title on the page link. The macro gives me the option to turn off showing the space name and the labels, but I cannot stop it from showing the page name where the attachement is pulled from. Using the previous example, I see:

Customer Requests > Acme: Need a bigger rocket

Both of those are links. I don't want the customer to have a link to that page. What I want to see is:

Acme: Need a bigger rocket

From the playing I've done, I don't see that the macro can handle either of those items. Have I overlooked something? If not, I will log a feature request.

Is there a way, other than this macro, that I can accomplish this content sharing? I REALLY need to solve this problem without duplicating content or having our internal 'orders' person jump through too many hoops.

Sally

3 answers

0 votes
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012
The reporting plugin from Customware might provide a solution for you here. You can define the scope of the report at a particular page in a particular space, filter child pages based on the presence of a label, and then analyse matching pages for any attachments they might hold. You decide what information from the matching page/attachment you want to display. Including a link is quite simple. It's a commercial plugin, but you could use the free trial option to give it a try before buying. I'm not a Customware employee by the way, just a satisfied customer :)
0 votes
Kerrin Hardy September 2, 2012

How are the individual requests labelled? Isn't it possible to only label at a page level anyway?

0 votes
Kerrin Hardy September 2, 2012

How are the individual requests labelled? Isn't it possible to only label at a page level anyway?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events