Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "logExceptions Communications link failure" no fixes have seemed to work.

Nick Minter March 24, 2014

Hi All.

I've been beating my head against this for a week now.

We have a server that is running two instances of Jira and an instance of Confluence that experienced a power failure.

Since then the two Jira instances are working fine but confluence just simply won't start up always throwing "logExceptions Communications link failure" in one form of another.

I've tried everything i could find on here and else where but nothing seems to be working.

I've increased the mysql timeouts, confirmed it's running the correct mysql driver...etc.

I have even restored the server back to a known working state but still no joy.

Attached is a redacted copy of the log (limited to 1000 lines from head).

Can anyone help me on this?

(atlassian-confluence.log)

2 answers

0 votes
Nick Minter March 30, 2014

Issue was corruption in the INNODB tables that the hosting MySQL didn't pickup.

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

Hi Nick,

Have you tried to restart MySQL? It seems like there are connection issues. I would shutdown Confluence, stop MySQL restart and start Confluence.

Mehmet

Nick Minter March 24, 2014

Hi Mehmet,

Yes, MySQL, confluence and even the entire server has been restarted.

It seems to be an intermittent issue, i've turned logging on for MySQL and queries are coming through.

Not a great deal of them before the startup fails but enough to see that it is connecting and seems like a timeout issue possibly, but i had increased the timeout for MySQL to a stupidly high number so i guess it's not that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events