Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant max_allowed_packet-error

Jens Koblitz June 9, 2016

Hi there, 

since we updated our System to "El Capitan", we face once per day a crash where we have to restart JIRA and Confluence stating 

• Hibernate operation: could not load: [com.atlassian.confluence.core.ContentEntityObject#360565]; SQL []; Packet for query is too large (3715 > 1024). You can change this value on the server by setting the max_allowed_packet' variable.; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.PacketTooBigException: Packet for query is too large (3715 > 1024). You can change this value on the server by setting the max_allowed_packet' variable.

We now tried everything we found and have now reached 512M as the value for max_allowed_packet in both the mysqld and mysqldump section but no success. Anyone an idea on how to solve this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2016
  1. OSX is not a supported server platform for Confluence. You really should consider a supported server-grade OS.
  2. How do you know the system crashes?
  3. Have you restarted Confluence + MySQLServer after making this change?
Jens Koblitz June 12, 2016
  1. I know, but that has been no problem in the last 4 years and everything worked fine so far
  2. I know that the system crashes due to all the error messages and the non-working system.
  3. Yes, since I need to restart the systems to get them back to work again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events