Connectivity Between two OnDemand Confluence servers

If we implement two different OnDemand instances, one for internal use and one for external use, is it possible for internal users to log into both instances with the same login?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Cheryl,

I'm afraid it's not possible to have the same users/groups onto different OnDemand instances. It is possible to link the users with Google Apps, tough. However, you won't have the same groups configured in both instances.

Could you specify why you would need different instances to use with external and internal users? Configuring the right space/page and group permissions should do the trick to let external users share content with the internal ones.

Best regards,

Eduardo Mallmann

Atlassian Support

Thank you Eduardo. We are concerned about security and the ability to ensure that our "internal use only" documentation cannot be accessed by external users.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

447 views 5 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you