cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting JIRA and Sharepoint via Confluence

Peter Callies
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2012

I want to be able to display JIRA content in Sharepoint. Therefore, I am attempting to connect Sharepoint and JIRA via Confluence and the Sharepoint Connector.

I've got JIRA and Confluence connected. I am able to see JIRA content on a Confluence page.

I've got Confluence and Sharepoint connected. I am able to see Confluence content on a Sharepoint page -- as long as the Confluence page doesn't contain JIRA content.

When a Confluence page contains JIRA content, I see "Please wait... retrieving content from Confluence. " in Sharepoint.

Has anyone connected JIRA and Sharepoint using this method?

I don't see anything useful in the Confluence or JIRA log files. Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Callies
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2012

This ended up being related to firewall setting. It's now working. So, yes, it is possible to display JIRA gadgets in Sharepoint via Confluence and Sharepoint Connector.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2013

Hi Peter, do you use the connector only to display JIRA info or you are able to create JIRA issues from Sharepoint or update Sharepoint ticket from JIRA?

Peter Callies
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2013

Ramiro, back in April we were only evaluating Confluence so I didn't take it too far. We're in the process of purchasing both Confluence and Sharepoint Connector so I expect to get much deeper in both over the course of the next few weeks.

If I was going to create JIRA issues from Sharepoint, I think I'd probably create a JIRA Issue Collector and figure out how to embed that on a Sharepoint page.

0 votes
Jesse Miller August 27, 2014

Hi Peter,

Did you ever take a look at the Connector for SharePoint and JIRA? Im curious if that would suit your needs to what additional functionality you require for connecting JIRA and Sharepoint.

Peter Callies
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2014

We purchased the Sharepoint Connector for JIRA and that is working for us.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events