Connect Confluence with Jira

Andreas Fernstrom June 18, 2014

Hello,

I have downloaded both Jira and Confluence with team calander to run a demo of how you could connect the tools and connect ongoing requirements with user story writing and then add this to Jira.

The problem I'm having is that I cannot get the access right to create an issue in jira, nor search issues in Jira from Confluence. I'm always gettingt the " You are not permitted to create a Jira issue" or " Jira could not find your "Issue" when searching. It seems like I don't have got the setup correctly.

I've tried to follow your guides, but still without any good result. I need to get this to work to be able to demo this to my team.

Could you please assist?

regards,

Andreas

2 answers

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2014

Hi Andreas,

It seems that is permission issue indeed. Can you please don't fill-up the Basic Access field? If you fill-up that field, it will pick up the permissions of this specific user.
Cheers,

WZ

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2014

Hi Andreas

Can you please try to re-create the application link via OAuth authenfication between Confluence and JIRA and see whether the problem is still reproducible or not ? Make sure you remove the current/existing application link with first.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events