Confluence works but I cannot edit pages

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.43.50 PM.pngThis pops up immediately. Also /heartbeat.js is a 404 because it is not beneath /confluence- and doesn't seem to be respecting the prefix.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes

The most common cause of this is a problem reaching the Synchrony service.

Check this by going to Admin -> Collaborative editing, and disabling it.  You should find that you can now edit pages, but with the old Confluence 5 style editor.  If that happens, then we'll need to look at Synchrony.

Steven Behnke Community Champion Aug 05, 2017

OP should also answer whether or not this a new installation or did they upgrade an existing installation? Are they the system administrator? :p 

So little context.

The Synchrony stuff was the root cause! Thanks! I'll probably take some time to troubleshoot it eventually, but for now it's off and I can edit again!

Thanks thanks thanks! :)

PS It was upgraded and I am the admin.

My instinct would be to look at the proxy server.

I had massive problems getting Synchonry to work over https behind an Apache proxy on 6.0.  On 6.2+ it works fine if you follow all the docs, but you still do have to fiddle with the proxy setup for it quite a bit.

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Aug 08, 2017

@Jessica JensenWhen you do get ready to tackle the collaborative editing, there are some good diagrams on Administering Collaborative Editing and a good checklist on Troubleshooting Collaborative Editing

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

634 views 21 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you