Confluence workbox not working

Pavan Kumar April 12, 2015

I am upgrading my confluence test instance from version 4.3.2 to version 5.5.7.

finally every thing was working fine after upgrade(After resolving some issues), except workbox tab which is not working.

So to resolve it i was trying the solution mentioned in below link.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Unable+to+Enable+Workbox's+Notifications+and+Tasks+-+Host+Plugin+Due+to+NoClassDefFoundError

and started with disabling workbox-common plugin after disabling common plugin tried disabling host plugin it was not responding.

So i restarted the confluence server.

after restart workbox-common plugin is shown as enabled, so i disabled it again and tried to disable workbox-host plugin but it is listed under user installed plugins and only uninstall option is shown as below.

image2015-4-13 12:50:28.png

Please help me to resolve it

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2015

Hello Pavan,

In case clearing the plugin cache as Guilherme mentioned does not fix the issue, please check your logs (<confluence-home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log) and let us know if there's anything in there. I strongly believe you'll get further details in the logs.

Eduardo

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2015

Hello Pavan, please comment if you did go through the step where the bundled plugins are reset, as means to recreate components, that may have been created badly.

1. Shutdown Confluence
  2. Ensure the user running Confluence has full read/write privileges to the confluence-home directory.
  3. Remove the following directories
    warning This will remove the plugin cache files only and will not permanently remove any plugins. These directories will be recreated during the next Confluence startup.  However, some third-party plugins may store metadata in these directories, so we recommend creating a temporary backup of the directories.
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-temp
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language
  4. Start Confluence

We can continue from there.

Pavan Kumar April 14, 2015

Yes, I did go through the steps mentioned above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events