Confluence with Service Desk

Alex Engler February 27, 2017

I have a JIRA service desk  3.3.0 installation on JIRA core 7.3.0 and Confluence 5.10.7.  I have OAuth application links between JIRA service desk and confluence and I have linked a confluence space to a service desk project.  Both the JIRA and Confluence applications are hosted on the same server.

I want to be able to serve up a knowledge base article to my service desk users when they search for a request type and allow the user to access the article.  Currently, the article is searched and presented when a user searches for a request type.  The problem is that confluence wont show the contents of the article unless the user logs in again into confluence.

JIRA authenticates through AD and confluence uses JIRA for authentication.  All users are managed in JIRA.  I have turned off anonymous access to confluence because my service desk extends outside my firewall and I don't want the entire Internet community to have access to company policy and procedures.

Even with anonymous access turned off, JIRA can see confluence spaces to connect projects to, so it seems the OAuth linking is working.  What I would like is when a logged in JIRA user searches for a request type and a knowledge base article is served up from confluence, the user would have access to the article without having to log into confluence with their JIRA credentials.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2017

I've tried this same thing. We use AD and the only way I found it works is to open Confluence to Anonymous Access. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events