Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence webhook Office365 - summary required

wvdb September 7, 2020

Hi,

I am trying to use the new webhook functionality in Confluence. I have created a webhook URL in office365 and tested with CURL if I could successfully post to it - which I can.

When adding the webhook to Confluence I receive an error 400. The details of the error show the error 'Summary or Text is required.'.

I used the curl command below to test the webhook.
curl -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '{"text": "y u no work?"}' https://outlook.office.com/webhook/<rest of string>

Now I am a bit puzzled about why Confluence can't post to this webhook. I cannot find any information to why this error is spawned. My simple CURL test shows me my webhook is working correctly and I cannot find much information in regard to Confluence and the error 'Summary or Text is required.'.

Could someone please help me by pointing me in the direction I should be searching to resolve my issue?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2020

Hello @wvdb !

Looking through some Microsoft docs and help pages, I believe that this is a necessity from Outlook itself.

This issue has been mentioned in a few places:

I was also able to find a page that walks us through how Microsoft cards should be set:

You can also check further details on Webhooks for Confluence here:

Further, you can probably get more assistance with our sister community, the Developer Community! You can post your question here as well:

Let us hear from you!

wvdb September 17, 2020

Hi @Diego ,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've been reading through your suggested URLs, and many more, but I am unfortunately not getting any further.

As it seems, MS Teams requires the "summary" field to be submitted in the POST. When I sniff out the POST to MS Teams I can see that the JSON doesn't contain any field with that label.

Oddly enough I do not see that label either when I test it trough CURL. Both my captures seem to be posting the same data structure to MS Teams, yet my CURL POST is accepted, and my Confluence POST isn't.

I'm obviously hitting something where my understanding of these things is too limited to grasp what might be going on here.

I'll do some more digging, maybe I can unearth something somewhere :)

Cheers,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events