Confluence user with view only access to a space

Raghu Kashyap July 17, 2017

What I want : Get a bunch of users with view only access to a space.

What I have done :  I have created a group with all the users added to that group. The group within the access config has access to only 1 space.

This works great as the users in that group can see only that space. However, the users are also able to see all the updates of pages from other spaces.

What needs to be done to fix this? i.e the uers should not be able to see updates from other spaces. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

Could you explain what you mean by "able to see all the updates of pages from other spaces"?

Do you mean they have access to other spaces?

Raghu Kashyap July 17, 2017

No, they don't have access to any other space.  However, the updates done by users on the other spaces is visible under the "Activity" view "All Updates"

If I click on any of those links it says I don't have access to those pages (Which is correct)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

Ah, I see.  You need to disable the activity feed to supress them.  I'm not sure that can be done on a group basis, I think you can only turn the whole thing off

Raghu Kashyap July 19, 2017

Interesting. I am surprised that this is something that cannot be controled by groups.

Thanks for your response though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events