Confluence user limit

Oleg Puzanov December 1, 2013

Hi!

When I try to add new user, I get:

This Confluence installation is not licensed for additional users.

• Users allowed by license: 100
  • Current active users: 100

I've checked number of active users as described at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Get+a+List+of+Active+Users+Counting+Towards+the+Confluence+License

and I have only 93 users here. I don't use Crowd and LDAP.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Here is the reason.

I went to Admin >> Licence Details.

There were Licensed Users: 100 (100 signed up currently) and refresh button above.

After pressing refresh, I have 100 (93 signed up currently) and I'm able to add users.

Thanks, Nic Brough!

0 votes

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2013

I suspect you need to check this with raw data.

Go to Confluence Admin -> Global permissions and check exactly what groups have "can use", AND "administrate". Add the groups together and de-duplicate. I suspect you'll find it comes out at 100.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2013

So what do the contents of your 3 groups add up to?

Also, could you check what Admin -> Licence says about the number of users?

Thanks for a quick reply.

I have 3 groups which 'Can use'. One of them can also 'Administrate'. And there are no other groups or single users there.

To verify the issue, I've disabled 1 more user and deleted him from all groups. The result is the same, I get error about 100 total active users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events