Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence usage stats plugin performance issue

Niharika Shrivastava July 29, 2014

If our system is running slow, how do we identifu that the reason for this is 'confluence usgae stats plugin' or not.

3 answers

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

@Niharika Shriva ,

While the Confluence Usage Statistics was enabled, our CPU spiked. We sent logs off to Atlassian, who then responded back that the stuck threads were due to the Popular macro.

Once the Confluence Usage Statistics was disabled, space activity and the popular macro are no longer options, however our global search sped up.

I guess if your pages load a bit faster or your search is quicker, you know that system macro is the issue.

- Jonathan

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2014

first install the monitorin plugin -> this gives you an overview if your database is slow -> In case of a slow db you can try setting some indices on slow queries

then enable logging on the server side for your request logs -> this gives you information on the request performance, if it's ok, it's on your infastructure

besides that, you can enable plugin safe mode -> determines if on of your plugins is the reason -> If your performance is back to normal in the safe mode, enable on plugin after another until you get performance issues and you got your problem

Regards

Steve

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2014

Hi,

the easy way, disable the plugin and look if the performance is getting better.

But, first, I would take a look on your http traffic. How long is a page loading. How long is your html-page-request, how long are the other pages loading.

If the html-request is loading fast then 2 seconds it's not nice but ok. There is a jmx metric for this called tenlastrequests. What values do you get there and are those values different from the ones in your browser (this will point to a network problem).

If it's smaller then 2 seconds or better we re talking about one second, its ok, if not, you need to profile.

Take a look on the monitoring plugin, it will show you slow database queries. Maybe you have aproblem there

Use caching strategies for static content like images, css- or js-files. And so on...

Can you give us an update about this points?

Regards Steve

Niharika Shrivastava July 31, 2014

Thanks Steve! could you also share your email id, I need some more technical help. Thanks in advance.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2014

Can't we discuss is it here, so somebody else with the same problem could be helped?

Like # people like this
Niharika Shrivastava August 1, 2014

sure..our confluence instance performance has reduced (takes longer time to load). How do I identify the reasons of slow performance. I tried enabling profiling but it didnt help much.

I want to know from where shall I start and How/what do I identify/monitor and fix.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events