Few questions before upgrading Confluence 3.5.7 in test environment on Linux using installer.
So far I managed to clone production as suggested and downloaded atlassian-confluence-5.0.3-x64.bin installer. Now
1) Will there be log with details what's has been installed/upgraded etc.. Do I need to provide some switches from command line for that purpose.
2) I can't find information how database ( in my case Oracle ) will be upgraded (if that will happen at all), even in manual upgrade it is not mentioned. Some other users already asking the same question , but there is no answer. Thank you.
3) Is it possible to skip installing java/jre at the beginning, for example I can point to our JDK1.7 directory exporting JAVA_HOME
1. The installer offers to backup your local directory (recommended) and leaves some files lying around to tell you what it's done. The actual upgrade of your data is logged in the application log
2. Oracle will not be upgraded. Just the data within the database.
3. Yes, but you have to fiddle with the installer quite a lot and you might break something by using a different Java installation. It is FAR easier to let it install the way it wants to, and then change the environment scripts to use your local installation later.
Yes, when you go over the 3.x barrier to 4.x, it will try to convert every page from wiki format to the new xhtml. There are other changes (couple of new tables, some other conversions) but the new storage format is the big change. There are more changes from 5.0 to 5.5, but nowhere near as big as re-writing every pages storage. All of it's handled by code, you just get a while to make tea while it runs through it all!
If the question is directly related to what you originally asked and all the information is here, probably better to ask here.
If it's not really directly related, a new question would be better. For example "I tried to upgrade from X to Y, but the macro Z does not work any more" or "I upgraded, but it won't start and I've got this error in my logs and I don't understand it"
But I think you've got what you needed here, so I'd probably go with "new question"
Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time! We're looking for people to participate in a remote 1-hr workshop...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs