Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence upgrade from 4.3 to 6.15

Darrel Damon September 6, 2019

I have an old version of confluence 4.3 that I want to upgrade to 6.15. I will need to purchase a new license since the old one has long expired.

Documentation indicates that I need to do an intermediate upgrade to 5.10 before I can move to 6.15.  Has anyone done an upgrade like this?  I have a few questions.

1. Will I need separate licences for the upgrades from 4.3 to 5.10 and from 5.10 to 6.15?

2. Is the upgrade path as simple as exporting my 4.3 data, importing to 5.10, exporting 5.10 data and importing to 6.15? Or are there intermediate steps required?

2 answers

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

Hi @Darrel Damon ,

Welcome to the community. 

1) as @jira guy said, you don't need separate licenses. But instead of renewing the old license I suggest to get a new one, it will probably be cheaper, if your license is expired at least two years.

2)  I just checked that quickly and it seems that it should be that easy. Please mind the information regarding synchrony and the changes hardware requirements. 

0 votes
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2019

1. No, you don't need separate license. Renew your maintenance and apply it to your current 4.3 version.

2. You don't need export and import. Follow the upgrade procedure mentioned on atlassian documentation. If you are using linux, download 5.10 installer and do the upgrade. Then download the 6.15 and do the upgrade again. Test the upgrade on a staging instance first.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events