Confluence upgrade failure

Sharath R January 28, 2014

Hi Team,

I tried upgrading Confluence fron 5.1.3 to 5.4.1. When upgrade was complete, i opened the confluence site and i found this error " Build version number in application server is different from the build version number in database".

After searching through the KB i found this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Confluence+will+not+start+up+because+the+build+number+in+the+home+directory+doesn%27t+match+the+build+number+in+the+database,+after+upgrade

and tried the resolution, but still i am facing the same error. Please help me out with this.

1 answer

0 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2014

Hi Sharath,

That usually happens when you had a failed upgrade attempt and then you try to upgrade again without restoring your Confluence to a state prior the first attempt.

It's possible for you to restore the application directories and the database to macht with Confluence in version 5.1.3?

If it is, after that is done try to upgrade again and see what kind of error you get.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Atlassian Support
Sharath R January 28, 2014

Hi Deividi,

I upgraded the confluence from 5.1.3 to 5.4.1 then i got tis error, i restored the database from the previous night's backup. Then i downgraded the confluence from 5.4.1 to 5.1.3 successfully.

After a week i tried to update again, still i am getting the same error. So had to backout to 5.1.3 only.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events