Confluence upgrade 4.2 to 5.1 Unknown macro: html

Chandank May 13, 2013

I updated confluence from 4.2 to 5.1 on my test setup before doing the actual upgrade on live. I am getting Unsupported Macro: 'html' on my Dashboard.

The HTML plugin is already enabled. Not sure what is the real cause. I have already refered Confluence help link and similar answer in this forum.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/73364/problem-with-html-macro-while-upgrading-to-confluence-4-2

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Enabling+the+html-include+Macro

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chandank May 15, 2013

It turn out to be that Confluence has changes something in wiki markup. After I manually changed the html content as {html}{html} it worked. So now next problem is I have to figure out where else html /javascript is there.. go and fix it.

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

You said the HTML plugin is enabled, but is the HTML macro within that plugin enabled? Expand out the components of the plugin in the UPM.

Chandank May 13, 2013

If I go [URL]/plugins/servlet/upm/manage/system#manage/confluence.macros.html and click on Confluence HTML Macros it is enabled (it shows Disable button ). I tried to disable/enable it and restarted confluence but it did not help. am I missing something?

Chandank May 13, 2013

It is already enabled.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

Yes, expand the components and enable the html macro within that plugin.

Chandank May 13, 2013

Here is the screen shot

http://imgur.com/fQFs70W

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2013

Your picture shows 8 out of 11 modules enabled. Expand and see which ones are disabled.

Chandank May 15, 2013

It turn out to be that Confluence has changes something in wiki markup. After I manually changed the html content as {html}{html} it worked. So now next problem is I have to figure out where else html /javascript is there.. go and fix it.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

Would you happen to have any other HTML macros installed that are enabled/disabled? Had this problem earlier and had to remove those and/or toggle disable them and it'd work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events