Confluence tells me that "You do not have permission to access any projects in XY JIRA"

Balazs Faludi May 18, 2014

How do I properly set up the feature that allows selecting some text in Confluence and adding an issue from the popup? When I try to do that, I get the error message above.

I'm trying this as a user that is an admin on both Confluence and JIRA. I'm using JIRA for user management for both sites. If I simply switch to JIRA with that user, I can easily create new issues.

I'm using the Download versions.

4 answers

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2014
Check your application links and make sure it's set up to authenticate you as you in Jira.
0 votes
Kirsty Perriman July 15, 2014

Any updates on this? I am having the same issue.

0 votes
Kunal Kochhar June 10, 2014

Any updates? I am in the same situation. I can create Issues in JIRA directly, but from Confluence I get the same error.

Both are standalone evaluation installs.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2014

Seems you do not have Create permissions in the project you selected in JIRA. Log on to JIRA, modify the permissions and make sure you can create an issue in the project in JIRA itself. Once it is working, you can try again from Confluence.

Balazs Faludi May 18, 2014

I'm not sure what you mean. As I mentioned, if I go to JIRA directly, I can create issues without any problem.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2014

Sorry, I missed that part! Are you using trusted auth or OAuth for application links?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events