Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence stopped updating the index - rebuilding & rebuilding from scratch does not resolve

M_S_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2019

Our Confluence server stopped updating the dashboard, which appears to indicate issues with content indexing. The same root cause is probably also responsible that users are unable to find new content via search and some plugins stopped working correctly. 

This severely affects our routine use of Confluence!

I have tried to manually rebuild the index which seems to get the index sync'ed to the current content, but then any new content is not considered until I manually update the index again.

I have also tried to manually rebuild the index from scratch (stopping confluence and deleting folders, then rebuilding the index), which did not solve the problem either.

I tried to review the Confluence log, but found the output to be inconclusive. Rebuilding the index itself, does not seem to trigger any errors, but there is some complex output while using the system - which may or may not be related, and even if related, may simply indicate follow-up errors due to index issues.

I hope someone can assist with troubleshooting this issue. The instance is currently on 6.15 and I am considering an update to 7.x. Not sure if that would simply resolve the issue or just make it worse, though.

3 answers

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2019

Your insufficient heap memory could also be the reason why your automatic indexing is ineffective.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/automatic-indexing-not-working-789095505.html

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2019
0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2019

This is a very interesting issue . I'd love to here how you'd get this resolved.

Have you read the following ;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/content-index-administration-148844.html 

1) Could be your search indexing process is slow ?

2) Could be your memory is low ?

There could be so many reasons - but basically your content/search indexing is slow or not happening at all.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events