Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence startup fails

Björn Piltz January 15, 2019

I just noticed that my Confluence instance isn't running (503 error) and can't be restarted. I am not aware of having changed anything on the system (CentOS) recently.

The first error to show up is 

INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] init Confluence is ready to serve

INFO [localhost-startStop-4] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] shutdown Preparing to shut down the plugin system

INFO [localhost-startStop-4] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] shutdown Shutting down the plugin system

INFO [Gemini Blueprint context shutdown thread2] [plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager] lambda$stop$12 Stopping Synchrony...

INFO [read-only-transaction:thread-1] [atlassian.confluence.user.DefaultUserAccessor] getUserNamesWithConfluenceAccess Found USE permission with no associated username or group: [USECONFLUENCE,0,null,null,null]

INFO [Gemini Blueprint context shutdown thread2] [plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager] lambda$stop$12 Stopping Synchrony...

WARN [Gemini Blueprint context shutdown thread1] [expose.jmx.schedule.JmxInstrumentSchedulerImpl] destroy atlassian-instrumentation-jmx expose scheduler stopped.

ERROR [AtlassianEvent::CustomizableThreadFactory-2] [confluence.macro.browser.DefaultMacroMetadataManager] buildMacroMetadata Error getting data from MacroMetadataProvider,

org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.ServiceProxyDestroyedException: service proxy has been destroyed

followed by

ERROR [localhost-startStop-4] [hipchat.spacetoroom.service.SpaceToRoomNotificationService] hipChatNotifications Failed to obtain hipchat notifications for event com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginFrameworkShutdownEvent@2e9e896b: service proxy has been destroyed

and 

ERROR [localhost-startStop-4] [atlassian.confluence.setup.ConfluenceListableBeanFactory] destroyBean Destroy method on bean with name 'boostingQueryFactory' threw an exception

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create a tracker when osgi is not running

it finally bails out with:

ERROR [localhost-startStop-4] [atlassian.confluence.setup.ConfluenceListableBeanFactory] destroyBean Destroy method on bean with name 'apiNavigationService' threw an exception

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create a tracker when osgi is not running

INFO [localhost-startStop-4] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] shutdownCacheManager Shutting down EhCache cache manager

INFO [localhost-startStop-4] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextDestroyed Stopping Confluence

Does anybody have an idea which is the fatal error here? I'm at a loss.

I've tried deleting the plugin cache and restarting.

1 answer

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events