Confluence startup error

Calen Shelton August 4, 2017

I have been using confluence for several months without issues. All of the sudden 2 days ago it wouldn't open saying there was a cluster error. After looking around it seemed this would be fix by restarting the Confluence service. I restarted the service, and now Confluence won't start and gives the following error:

Unable to start up Confluence. Fatal error during startup sequence: confluence.lifecycle.core:mananagedjobs (Start and stop the Managed Scheduled Jobs) - org.springframework.transaction.UnexpectedRollbackException: Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only

I haven't been successful searching for this specific issue. Is there anything obvious here I can quickly fix?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2017

Hi Calen,

Do you have any further details from your error that you could share with us? The part you've shared is a bit generic, so if you are able to review your logs and see if you can find a caused by line or any more specific errors, please share that with us.

In addition, can you tell us if you've recently upgraded or installed any add-ons?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Calen Shelton August 9, 2017

I found this particular error that has come up in our a logs a few times.

Caused by: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: IO Exception: "Missing lob entry, block: 3772773" [90028-176].

This seems to be the issue from what we can see in the logs.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2017

Hi Calen,

Shannon is off shift now but I wanted to share this article that addresses a similar startup error:

Unable to Start Confluence Due to I/O errors during LOB access

You mentioned you have been using Confluence for several months. If this is a Production instance, please follow Migrating to Another Database to move to a supported database as the Embedded H2 Database is for trial only and not appropriate for Production.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events