Confluence starts then shuts itself down...

John Wright November 11, 2012

Upgrade to Confluence 3.4.2 was successful on our test server but the same setup doesn't work in production.

It appears to start then shut itself down:

(from atlassian-confluence.log)

2012-11-12 14:06:02,367 INFO main com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle init Confluence is ready to serve

2012-11-12 14:06:03,447 INFO main atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager shutdown Shutting down the plugin system

2012-11-12 14:06:05,969 INFO main com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle destroy Shutting down long running task service

2012-11-12 14:06:06,060 INFO main com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle contextDestroyed Stopping Confluence

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Did you check the catalena log for additional information?

John Wright November 11, 2012

There was nothing in it that led me to anything concrete. I have, however, determined that the problem is a conflict of some sort between Confluence 3.4.2 (port 9090) and Confluence 3.0.0_01 (port 8080) which run on the same server. I can run one or the other but not both.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2012

There's not just the outgoing port. There's also a server control port - 8005 unless you've change it. You will need to modify that as well.

John Wright November 12, 2012

Absolutely, you are correct. I had different server ports prior to the upgrade. I knew this particular conflict had to be something simple. Thanks Harry. I'm not out of the woods yet unfortunately (different issues to tackle now that the instance actually comes up) - buts that's for another post. :-)

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2012

Did you check the catalena log for additional information?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events