Confluence starts then shuts itself down...

Upgrade to Confluence 3.4.2 was successful on our test server but the same setup doesn't work in production.

It appears to start then shut itself down:

(from atlassian-confluence.log)

2012-11-12 14:06:02,367 INFO main com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle init Confluence is ready to serve

2012-11-12 14:06:03,447 INFO main atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager shutdown Shutting down the plugin system

2012-11-12 14:06:05,969 INFO main com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle destroy Shutting down long running task service

2012-11-12 14:06:06,060 INFO main com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle contextDestroyed Stopping Confluence

2 answers

1 accepted

Did you check the catalena log for additional information?

There was nothing in it that led me to anything concrete. I have, however, determined that the problem is a conflict of some sort between Confluence 3.4.2 (port 9090) and Confluence 3.0.0_01 (port 8080) which run on the same server. I can run one or the other but not both.

There's not just the outgoing port. There's also a server control port - 8005 unless you've change it. You will need to modify that as well.

Absolutely, you are correct. I had different server ports prior to the upgrade. I knew this particular conflict had to be something simple. Thanks Harry. I'm not out of the woods yet unfortunately (different issues to tackle now that the instance actually comes up) - buts that's for another post. :-)

Did you check the catalena log for additional information?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

370 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you