Confluence start cannot find setclasspath.sh

Nima Kamkar February 6, 2013

I have just installed Confluence 4.3.7 using atlassian-confluence-4.3.7-x64.bin. My server is Debian 64 bit. I also have Jira 5.2 installed on my server running on port 8080. I used the wizard and root account to install Confluence. I used the custom option and gave the correct path for base and data of confluence. I accepted the default port numbers of 8090 and 8000 during the installation. The installation finished successfully with no errors and all files and folders have been created. However, when I try to start confluence by running bin/start-confluence.sh I get the following error message:

cd: 114: can't cd to bin/..

Cannot find /var/www/vhosts/XXXXXXX.com/kb/kb/bin/setclasspath.sh

This file is needed to run this program

I have tried the installation twice, but no joy. I cannot even find any reference to this anywhere. Could something be conflicting with Jira here? No log files are created either. Any ideas would be great.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards

Nima

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nima Kamkar February 11, 2013

Hi

The problem got resolved with Atlassian's suppor team. The problem was with permission level at the root of the hosting folder. My Confluence is hosted in /var/vhosts/www/example.com/kb/kb.

Although my second kb folder and subfolders where the files are had all the permissions they needed. The main (first) kb folder (which is my subdomain) did not have the right permissions.

Great support from Atlassian

Daniel Twum February 25, 2019

I am faced with the same issue that it cannot find the setclasspath.sh but after reading the above solution, I am still stuck wondering why the installer has not been fixed since 2013.

Looking forward to the great Atlassian support.

I am installing atlassian-confluence-6.14.1-x64.bin on a Linux Mint box:

LInux 4.15.0-45-generic 

Like David Pressley likes this
0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

Hello Nima,

This file should be in the following location.

<confluence_install>/bin

The path you are stating above looks like you are looking to run Confluence from a virtual host. Are you starting Confluence as a service? What happens if you start the service manually? Do you seeing the same kind of errors?

Nima Kamkar February 11, 2013

Hi

The problem got resolved with Atlassian's suppor team. The problem was with permission level at the root of the hosting folder. My Confluence is hosted in /var/vhosts/www/example.com/kb/kb.

Although my second kb folder and subfolders where the files are had all the permissions they needed. The main (first) kb folder (which is my subdomain) did not have the right permissions.

Great support from Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events