Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence single instance to AWS datacenter

ehteshamuddin June 21, 2017

What all things needs to be considered for upgrading or migrating confluence single instance to Data center version on cloud.
Can we do this directly or single instance>datacenter>aws datacenter?

Can anyone please share there knowledge on this?

Thank you in advance

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2017

No, hang on, that's confused.

There are three basic installations you can do

1. Server
  2. Cloud
  3. Data Centre

You run Server and Data Centre installations on your own hardware.  Cloud is run for you by Atlassian.  It is NOT Data Centre, but that is irrelevant to you because you're not running the hardware for it.

So, you now have a Confluence Server installation, and you want to move it for some reason.  You have two basic paths:

• Move it to Cloud (you don't care about Data Centre, someone else will be looking after the hardware).
  • Move it to your own Data Centre (On your own hardware)

Your next step is to clarify which one of those you actually want to do.

0 votes
Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2018

Hi ehteshamuddin,

I understand your question, and I am trying to do the same thing. I was wondering if you had success installing confluence on a single node of AWS using the server version. We don't want to pay for the data center version and have been told you can install server version on a single node of AWS. I can't find any documentation of how this is to be done. The only documentation I found covers the data center version.

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2018

@Jeffrey Bistrong - not 100% positive on this right now, but IIRC you can indeed just use the Confluence Data Center on AWS quick start, configure the Auto Scaling group to only ever run a single node, and provide a Server rather than a Data Center license.

• Please note that I might confuse this recollection with the Bitbucket or Jira quick starts, and maybe there has been slightly more to this, but I'd definitely try this first if in need myself.

As an alternative, you might want to consider using the official atlassian/confluence-server docker image via Amazon ECS or Elastic Beanstalk.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events