Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence setup gives core dump error : Cache is not alive (STATUS_SHUTDOWN)

Rajeev Karajgikar April 10, 2015

On a new CentOS 6.5 server, I installed JIRA Agile server (latest - 6.4) and completed setup successfully with 30-day eval license.

Then I installed Confluence and while trying to setup confluence, I get core dump kind of error : 

HTTP Status 500 - Error creating bean with name 'i18NBean' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Factory method [public com.atlassian.confluence.util.i18n.I18NBean com.atlassian.confluence.util.i18n.UserI18NBeanFactory.getI18NBean()] threw exception; nested exception is com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The com.atlassian.confluence.util.i18n.I18NBeanFactory.by.locale Cache is not alive (STATUS_SHUTDOWN)

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks in advance for the community help smile

4 answers

1 vote
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2015

Hello Rajeev,

May I ask which version of Confluence you're trying to install? It could be related to corrupted download or lack of permissions (Error 500) as well. So can you make sure you've set the correct permissions to install Confluence?

Also, please make sure you've set the Confluence home directory under your <install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

I hope it helps!

Eduardo

Leumel Melarpis May 9, 2017

i have the same problem im installing it on my ubuntu 16.04 in openstack instance

i used confluence 6.1.3 x64  .bin installer
i selected express install and as service

0 votes
markoned August 31, 2017

I am also getting the same error and I ask my self HELO Atlassian, what is the problem here?

Is there anybody by Atlassian who takes care about this forum????

0 votes
Matt Gieseke June 22, 2017

Did this ever get resolved? Having the same issue when trying to connect to existing AWS RDS db

0 votes
David Nelsen May 5, 2015

I am also getting the same error.  I tried to overwrite the existing database from a previous install which lead to confluence hanging.  After about a minute of waiting the same error listed above took place.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events