Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence service is not getting connected

ODED Transformational Technologies January 21, 2018

Dear Team,

I have installed Confluence on an Ubuntu server 16.04 with Intel i5 and 16 GB RAM. Am getting an error as service, not getting started. The application will only start when I start the service manually every time. Once the service starts it won't last for a long time, It will work for few hours and it would stop.

Please advise me

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Hi Shirish,

Please check the logs at:

• <confluence_install>/logs/ (anything recent in this directory)
  • <confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log
    Note: The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

There should be a shutdown event that will give us more information on how the service is stopping. Please see this article: Confluence process dies unexpectedly due to Linux OOM-Killer

Confluence does not terminate its own pid unless a shutdown.sh or stop-confluence.sh is issued. If these commands are issued, there'd be some entries in the atlassian-confluence.log file indicating that Confluence is in the process of shutting down. On the other hand, if the Confluence pid is unexpectedly terminated, this would mean that there's an external factor.

I look forward to hearing whether you find anything in the Confluence logs and otherwise, if you identify an external factor like the OOM-killer that is shutting down the service.

Thanks,
Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events