Confluence says there are 13 registered users, but I don't know who they are or how to find out

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2012

I have a trial license for 10 users so that I can test out confluence for use with our JIRA instance (which has a 100 user license). On initial setup, I set JIRA as the user management tool, so all users seemed to be synced with Confluence. It also asked which group should dictate who gets access to confluence (or at least that's how I interpreted it) and I set that to jira-users. Now, when I try to create a space, I'm not allowed to because I have too many confluence users. I removed EVERYONE but me and the administrator from jira-users and the License Details screen says I have 13 active users (more than I'm allowed). I don't know why it's not 2 users, and I don't know how to find these 13 users so that I can remove/deactivate them.

As a result of this, I'm basically totally unable to use confluence, as I can't add any new spaces/pages.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2012
Hi, did you create the group "confluence-administrators" in your Jira instance ? I think you know this site: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+Crowd+or+JIRA+for+User+Management ? Good Luck Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events