Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence retore taking long time

I have started the confluence restore process. The file size of zip is 126 MB. But after one hour its completion status is still 0% and Importing data - in progress.

I did it before then it took only a couple of minutes.

I checked the Atlassian-confluence.log file. the only error it shows id : 

2019-04-26 09:56:31,796 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-18] [common.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] toResponse Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: Unrecognized character escape 'a' (code 97)

Please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon Atlassian Team Apr 29, 2019

Saurav,

Thank you for reaching out! Happy to assist you.

1. Can you let us know the purpose of the restore? Are you trying to install into an empty Confluence site to recover, or are you using the restore in order to upgrade or migrate?
  2. The backup seems rather small, so I am assuming it comes from a Confluence site without a lot of attachments, or you've excluded the attachments. Can you confirm?
  3. Could you let us know the Confluence version that was the source of the backup, and the version of the destination?
  4. You can try to restore the backup from the home directory instead. Have a look at Restoring a Site for details. This is generally only needed for large backups, but it's worth trying.

To import a site from the home directory: 

1. Copy your export file to <confluence-home>/restore. 
    (If you're not sure where this directory is located, the path is listed in the Backup and Restore screen)
  2. Go to  > General Configuration > Backup and Restore
  3. Select your site export file under Import from home directory
  4. Uncheck Build Index if you want to create the index at a later stage.
  5. Choose Import.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Shannon

Yeah, as usual uncheck Build Index helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

4,736 views 10 52
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you