Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence "new editor" PDF export renders unusable output

Bill Heiser April 3, 2020

As a program manager supporting a Fortune 20 customer, I create status reports & send them to the customer in PDF form.  In trying to use the "new editor" I discovered that upon export, all of the colors (font, cell color, etc) in the page are removed. Additionally, all of my "status" macros completely disappear. These are only the issues I've discovered so far, and they render the "new editor" unusable for me. The "old" editor has its share of issues, but works well enough to get by, so I'm not going further with the new editor.

I use the "full page width" mode if that matters. Neither I nor my customer works primarily from a smartphone, so the default narrow mode doesn't make sense for this use case.

As it seems we'll need to migrate to the new editor at some point, are there any reasonable known workarounds for these issues? I don't consider reverting to monochrome reports without status indicators to be reasonable workarounds. My immediate workaround (to avoid getting trapped if the old editor stops working) is to migrate to Smartsheet.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2020

Hello @Bill Heiser !

As I understand, the current output of the PDF conversion is not usable in your environment. The Legacy Editor (tinyMCE) is still a better option for your use case than the New Editor (Fabric)

What I can tell you with certainty is that the Legacy Editor is not going anywhere. You should still be able to use it and if not, you should be able to activate it.

You can check more information about this topic here:

I understand that this is not a solution for the issue itself (problematic PDF exports in Fabric), but I hope that this clears up the situation behind the total migration to the New Editor, which will not be forced.

Let us know your thoughts on this!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events